“Tim Stocker sat in on baritone sax and played beautifully, sometimes sounding like a harder version of Gerry Mulligan. The large instrument sounded magnificent, round and darkly rolling, in the room.”
- John Clare, Sydney Morning Herald.
Tim Stocker really proved himself as a versatile and in demand Baritone Saxophonist during his almost 6 year tenure in NYC from 2010. He's now returned to Melbourne, Australia after 4 years in Singapore where he was welcomed into the local Jazz community as a performer, educator, experiential trainer and events organiser.
He has travelled a long way from his home town of Albury in Country NSW, Australia. He spent 12 months in Melbourne before moving to Sydney to study at the Conservatorium of Music and in 2015 he spent nearly 6 months in London further establishing his international connections.
Tim leads his own trio and quartet and composes original music for these groups. His other projects include Singapore's Favourite Street Band BARIRUMBLES BRASS and Live Jazz with THE POCKET WATCHERS and the 9 Piece - PW MiniBigBand.
Tim is equally comfortable grooving in the horn section of a pop/soul band, JAMMING WITH A DJ, soloing in a jazz small group, wailing in a free jazz ensemble or swinging with a big band. Take a look at Tim's DISCOGRAPHY.
Some performance highlights include:
- EFG London Jazz Festival w/Jeremy Monteiro & JASSO
- JZ Festival Shanghai w/Jeremy Monteiro & JASSO
- Borneo Jazz Festival w/Jeremy Monteiro & JASSO
- Jazz in July at The Esplanade, Singapore
- F1 Singapore Amber Lounge official drivers after party
- Sly 5th Ave (Prince, Taylor Swift, Quantic) and the
Club Casa Chamber Orchestra
- Valery Pomanarev Big Band featuring Benny Golson
- MJO featuring Steve Wilson
- Oliver Lake Big Band at Jazz Gallery NYC
- Richard Smallwood - Anthology Live
- Matt Lavelle and the 12 Houses
- Jazzgroove Mothership Orchestra w/ Will Vinson & Steve Newcombe, Ed Partyka and Freedman Fellowship
- The Hipstones - Australian original soul band
- TV on the Radio @ Sydney Metro Theatre
- Architecture in Helsinki
- Charlie Rosen and the Broadway Big Band
- Enormous Horns - Tours around Australia and Asia
- Crusty Suitcase Band - Sydney Festival, Dublin Fringe Festival w/ Scotch and Soda Circus, Adelaide Fringe Festival.
- Orchestra of the Underground - Sydney Festival