“Tim Stocker sat in on baritone sax and played beautifully, sometimes sounding like a harder version of Gerry Mulligan. The large instrument sounded magnificent, round and darkly rolling, in the room.”
- John Clare, Sydney Morning Herald.
Tim Stocker really proved himself as a versatile and in demand Baritone Saxophonist during his almost 6 year tenure in NYC from 2010. He's now living in Melbourne, Australia after 4 years in Singapore where he was welcomed into the local Jazz community as a performer, educator and events organiser.
Tim leads his own trio and quartet and composes original music for these groups. His other projects include BARIRUMBLES BRASS, THE POCKET WATCHERS and the 9 Piece - PW MiniBigBand.
Tim is equally comfortable grooving in the horn section of a pop/soul band, jamming with a DJ, soloing in a jazz small group, wailing in a free jazz ensemble or swinging with a big band. Take a look at Tim's DISCOGRAPHY.
Some performance highlights include:
- EFG London Jazz Festival w/Jeremy Monteiro & JASSO
- JZ Festival Shanghai w/Jeremy Monteiro & JASSO
- Borneo Jazz Festival w/Jeremy Monteiro & JASSO
- Jazz in July at The Esplanade, Singapore
- F1 Singapore Amber Lounge official drivers after party
- Sly 5th Ave (Prince, Taylor Swift, Quantic) and the
Club Casa Chamber Orchestra
- Valery Pomanarev Big Band featuring Benny Golson
- MJO featuring Steve Wilson
- Oliver Lake Big Band at Jazz Gallery NYC
- Richard Smallwood - Anthology Live
- Matt Lavelle and the 12 Houses
- Jazzgroove Mothership Orchestra w/ Will Vinson & Steve Newcombe, Ed Partyka and Freedman Fellowship
- The Hipstones - Australian original soul band
- TV on the Radio @ Sydney Metro Theatre
- Architecture in Helsinki
- Charlie Rosen and the Broadway Big Band
- Enormous Horns - Tours around Australia and Asia
- Crusty Suitcase Band - Sydney Festival, Dublin Fringe Festival w/ Scotch and Soda Circus, Adelaide Fringe Festival.
- Orchestra of the Underground - Sydney Festival